Prior to joining mfi, Laurie worked at H&R Retail, Inc. in March of 2007 as a leasing agent. Laurie previously worked at The Shopping Center Group from 2002-2007 in the Atlanta and Miami offices where she was responsible for leasing a portfolio of over 3,000,000 square feet of retail space. Laurie specializes in site selection analysis, pre-leasing and consulting on ground-up development, and leasing mixed use and strip shopping centers. She has more than 17 years experience in retail leasing. Laurie takes a strategic approach to leasing by analyzing the competitive retail market, targeting national and local retailers and restaurants, and leveraging her extensive experience in negotiating leases with national credit tenants. She has successfully assisted in all phases of retail development, including layout design, proforma analysis, creating a viable tenant mix, marketing, and lease negotiations. Laurie has worked with institutional and regional owners such as RREEF, Kimco, AmCap, Taubman Properties, and Maryland Financial Investors. She is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and ChainLinks Leasing Council. Laurie received her B.S. in finance from Tulane University
Career Highlights to Date
- Currently handles the leasing for Magothy Gateway, a newly constructed shopping center anchored by Harris Teeter and CVS.
- Fully Pre-leased Carytown Place, a development in Richmond, VA anchored by The Fresh Market, Petco, Panera, and Chipotle.
- Leased and oversaw development of Kohl’s Department Store at Martin Plaza in Middle River, MD
- Represented the Landlord in leasing space to The Fresh Market at Dulaney Plaza in Towson, MD
- Has successfully negotiated Leases with national anchor tenants such as Kohl’s, Harris Teeter, The Fresh Market, CVS, Ross, DSW, Petco, and Planet Fitness.
- Portfolio includes over 25 properties and more than 4,000,000 square feet with properties located in Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Columbia Crossing- Dick's Sporting Goods
6221 Columbia Crossing Circle, Columbia, Maryland 21045
20k - 25k
Columbia Crossing- Jo Ann Fabric & Craft Stores
6161 Columbia Crossing Circle, Columbia, Maryland 21045
20k - 25k